Friday, August 1, 2008

Cub Scout Stephen


Stephen is starting his second year of Cub Scouts and really seems to be enjoying it. Michael is very involved as a sort of "co-leader" for his den, although it's not an official title. They started the new year with a weekend of fun at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. He and Michael have spent the weekend rotating around stations in order to earn a variety of badges and beads to add to Stephen's uniform. I have to admit that Michael looks pretty cute in his scout shirt as well!! I'll have to get a picture of him as well to post. Next weekend they are off for 3 days of camping. If the outside temps continue to rise I don't envy their sleeping in a tent at all! I'll stay inside and enjoy the central air! I wonder if they have a badge for that. Just kidding. Even if it is hot, Stephen is very excited about the trip. This is a pretty big deal with things such as fishing and archery among other male bonding type of activities. Matthew and I have big plans for that weekend as well, most of which revolve around shopping and eating out. Now that's what I call a bonding experience! I'm sure, at some point, there will be an ice cream stop as well. We'll think of Stephen and Daddy baking in the sun as we're sitting in the air conditioned ice cream shop sharing a chocolate shake! :)

No comments: