Monday, July 28, 2008

Amateur Gardeners


This summer, we decided to give gardening a try. I have been wanting to put a garden in since we moved into the house, and we finally got around to it. Stephen was especially excited and picked out most of the plants that were planted. We put in carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, romaine lettuce, bell peppers, broccoli and cantaloupe. Everything is growing like crazy with the exception of the spinach. For one reason or another, the spinach plants never really did anything. I also put in some cilantro, parsley and basil in a planter and they are doing great as well. Stephen goes out every day to check for something he can pick. We are already planning to put another garden in next year, but with even more. We will be adding green beans, peas and maybe even try some corn. I took some pictures of the garden if you want to check them out.

No comments: